Thursday, January 30, 2014

Carolyn Neitzke named the 2013 UIS Employee of the Year

Director of Conference Services Carolyn Neitzke was named the 2013 University of Illinois Springfield Employee of the Year during a celebration in the Sangamon Auditorium Lobby on January 29, 2014.

“Carolyn goes way above and beyond when it comes to her commitment to her job and UIS,” said one of her nominators. “She is here at all hours of the day and night, following up to see that an event will go off without a hitch.”

Neitzke started working at UIS in September of 1990 and is known for her friendliness and sense of humor even when dealing with last minute changes and difficult situations.

“It cannot be easy to maintain her welcoming nature and good sense of humor in the midst of the chaos in which she often finds herself and yet Carolyn somehow finds a way to do so,” writes another nominator.

In presenting the award, UIS Chancellor Susan J. Koch thanked Neitzke and other UIS employees for their dedication and strong work ethics.

“By my count, I’ve witnessed over 30 people, since I’ve arrived, become employees of the month and everyone one of those people represents a great story, a great member of the team,” said Koch.

Neitzke accepted the award by thanking her colleagues and speaking about her time at UIS.

“Every day I learn something new about what it takes to make a university function,” said Neitzke. “I appreciate this so much and I appreciate the opportunity to call so many of these colleagues my friends.”

The Employee of the Year gets a check for $500, plus a special parking spot for the entire year.